Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel View of Sketch

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
DuncanAnderson
349 Views, 2 Replies

Parallel View of Sketch

The checkbox/tickbox in Inv Options -> Sketches -> Look at sketch plane on sketch creation has been ticked/checked

If I edit a sketch manually the model will rotate around so I can see the sketch clearly

If I edit the sketch using a sub-routine in VBA the model doesn't move

If I enquire the property SketchOptions.ParallelViewOnSketchCreation it comes back as True

Why does the model move when done manually, but not programatically ?

What's going on ?

Is this a bug ?

TIA

Duncan Anderson

"Humour is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary living." {Terence 'Spike' Milligan KBE (16 Apr 1918 – 27 Feb 2002)}
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MegaJerk
in reply to: DuncanAnderson

Because the entire purpose of having buttons (GUI Commands) is to take away the hassle of dealing with the minutia of whichever tasks the user intends to do, while the purpose of exposing an API full of those commands is to allow the user to take complete and total control over the smallest details of any task (that’s exposed) throughout the software.

All sorts of beneficial code is running behind the scenes whenever you use those dialog boxes, while you must write all of those extra bells and whistles yourself when it comes down to the programming side. It could be as simple as checking for that property (SketchOptions. ParallelViewOnSketchCreation) and then using one of many camera methods to position the camera based on the property values. 

If my solution worked or helped you out, please don't forget to hit the kudos button 🙂
iLogicCode Injector: goo.gl/uTT1IB

GitHub
Message 3 of 3
DuncanAnderson
in reply to: MegaJerk

Thanks for the reply and explanation.

Last time I did any programming that involved graphics it was with AutoLisp in Autocad. You just needed to set the system variable and the application took care of it. I was hoping the Sketch Option for Look at on sketch creation was the same.

I was racking my brains trying to find something in the Programming Help and even by looking the the Object Browser. Basically I looked for View and Orientation. I didn't think to look for Camera.

I will get back and hit Solution immeidately I found what I'm looking for

In the meantime, thanks again. Knowing what to look for is half the problem to begin with

Duncan Anderson

"Humour is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad as what passes for ordinary living." {Terence 'Spike' Milligan KBE (16 Apr 1918 – 27 Feb 2002)}

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report