Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel width bug

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bsee1
350 Views, 2 Replies

Panel width bug

Can anyone confirm this for me? (I'm testing in Inventor 2013)

Inventor appears to measure the width of a panel by measuring it's distance from the edge of the screen.  This only works if that panel is docked directly to the edge of the screen.  In my case, there is a panel between the one I'm inserting and the edge of the screen.

To test, insert a docked panel. Retrieve its width when it is docked to the very edge of the screen, and also when it is docked to another panel.  The actual width of the panel remains the same, but Inventor will report the width to be much larger.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: bsee1

Hi,

I can reproduce this issue. It looks if the dock pane window docks with any other docked pane (no matter the pane is docked left or right), the custom dock pane returns the width from the left edge. I logged this issue with engineer team.

A kindly reminding: if you find issue, please try to isolate and share a small. buildable sample project. This will help the peers in the board to take a look and diagnose. I just happened to have a small project, so gave a test.

Message 3 of 3
bsee1
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Thanks for confirming. Hopefully there is some kind of hotfix or workaround available in the near future.

Win7 x64 - 16gb ram
i7 3610qm
FirePro M4000

Inventor 2013
ETO 6.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report