Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizing iLogic rule performance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TommySWE
456 Views, 3 Replies

Optimizing iLogic rule performance

I have a rule that controls a multi-solid body part with a lot of suppressions, forcing of values by if statements and so on.

The rule as of now is quite heavy to run, takes about 20-30 seconds if you make a lot of changes in the form that I use to control the part.

Are there any guidelines for how to write code in order to optimize the performance of my iLogic rule?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wimann
in reply to: TommySWE

Ummmm... I know of nothing that isn't already obviuos.

Familiarize yourself with ways to simplify IfThen's so that they can run smoother?

Familiarize yourself with alternatives to IfThen's that may be easier for the machine to run?

That's all I got. I'll be interested to see what others say.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 3 of 4
john.grimshaw
in reply to: TommySWE

I'd look at select case statements if applicable, it helped me massively when I had iParts/iAssemblies that had to be selected based on inputs. it improved the speed of the update from about 15 minutes to 90 seconds.

Please use "Accept as Solution" to mark ANY/ALL replies that answer your question.

If I have helped out in anyway but not solved the problem please click the thumbs up.

Cheers

John
Message 4 of 4

I would personnaly uncheck the immediate  Update in the parameter dialog box (through code) or manual for starting.

Or you can move the end of part before the first sketch, at the end move it to the end of your tree if you are altering parameters

or features.

Without code from your side, these are the most obvious things to do.

I would be helpfull for us and for you if you post your code to examine the stuff you do.

If you think this answer fullfilled your needs, improved your knowledge or leads to a solution,
please feel free to "kudos"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report