Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occurence Name

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Alainmorin
426 Views, 3 Replies

Occurence Name

Hi to all, I would like to know where the Occurence Name come from?

I have 4 assemblies named AF09, AF16, AF30 and AF50, each one have a iLogic rules.  Each assembly was made with CopyDesign from AF09 in the Vault, but they all different. When I place each one in a new assembly ''PANEL'', I have a Occurence Name of AF09:1, AF09:2,AF09:3 and AF09:4.  Why do I have AF09 instead of AF16, AF30 and AF50 in my assembly named ''PANEL''?  Where can I change that name in the iLogic assembly of AF16, AF30 and AF50?

Thank's for any answers!

Alain

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bretrick30
in reply to: Alainmorin

I'm pretty sure the occurrence name is pulled from the part number of the part you are placing.  Have you checked that the part number field in iproperties were updated when you did the copy designs?

Message 3 of 4

Dear Alain,

Probably the cause is in the original sub-assemblies (AF09.iam) used to generate (copy) the AF16.iam, AF30.iam....

=> The default top browser name of AF09.iam (default should be "AF09.iam") was probably overriden by "AF09".

=> This overriden browser value is then kept in the coppied iam files which cannot be automatically updated.

Following steps could correct the occurence names of your 4 sub-assemblies in your top-assembly:

1) Open the 4 sub-assemblies (AF09, AF16, AF30 and AF50)

2) Click a first time on its browser name (AF09.iam)

=> browser name is highlighted in blue

3) Click a second time on its browser name

=> browser name is in edition mode and text name is selected

4) Right click > Delete

5) Save

=> browser name of sub-assembly is changed back to default name.

6) Repeat steps 2 to 5 for the 3 other sub-assemblies

7) Open top assembly > save

=> occurence names of the 4 sub-assemblies are updated.

Note: for information it is possible in an assembly to change the mode of display of components:

Ribbon > Assembly > Select "Rename Browser Node" in drop down list "Productivity" > "File Name" or "Part number"

I have attached a picture presenting in detail the steps described here above.

I hope that will help.

Please, hit the Accept as Solution button if my post answers your question.

Best Regards

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 4 of 4

Thanks' Nicolas, that's exactly what I figure out, after a lot of testing, and your right about the files name in the final assembly, but in my case, I am using the Vault Numbering, and when I place from ilogic the selected number appears in the final assembly, like iABB-DOL-000000:1, iABB-DOL-000001:1, etc...
What is the best practice in Inventor, ''Place From Vault'' or ''Place from iLogic Component''?
''Place From Vault'' is directly from the Vault.
''Place from iLogic Component'' is from my work space only witch is not control.

Thank's again Nicolas for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report