Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtain Parameter Object from Constraint Object

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eric.mathews
270 Views, 3 Replies

Obtain Parameter Object from Constraint Object

Using Inv 2013. In the rectangular pattern, you can obtain the parameter objects driving that pattern. This is useful because you can rename them for later use. Is there a way to obtain the parameter object from a constraint object? When creating constraints, it would be nice to rename the driving parameters for later use. Or,

Eric

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Which constraints are you talking about? You need to be a bit more specific if you are looking for a specific answer... Take a look at the relevant object properties in the API Help Files:

For example

MateConstraint.Offset Property: returns the Parameter object controlling the offset between the occurrences

TwoPointDistanceDimConstraint.Parameter Property: return also the parameter controlling the distance of that constraint

And so on ...

I hope it helps,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
eric.mathews
in reply to: eric.mathews

My appologies, I was talking about an assembly constraint object.

Message 4 of 4

Well then you got your answer: each assembly constraint object should expose a property that returns the parameter(s) controling the constraint.

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report