Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to install SDK

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
agr.saurav1
6005 Views, 22 Replies

Not able to install SDK

Hi,

I am new to API of Inventor. i tried installing DeveloperTools.msi loated at

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\SDK

It says "Could not find any version of microsoft visual studio."

However, I have Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 installed.

Please help.

Also, is installing the SDK necessary to develop add-ins?

Regards,

Saurav Agarwal

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Hi,

The Inventor wizards 2014 does not support VS2013 yet. because VS2013 was just released in November this year.

In addition, we don’t allow users to install the SDK msi if there is not a supported VS was installed. Users should have at least one of the supported VS products installed on their machines before they can use DeveloperTools.

Could you switch to use VS2012 Express version currently?
Message 3 of 23

I installed visual studio 2010 and was able to install developertools thereafter.

Thanks

Message 4 of 23
miechh
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

When do you expect Visual Studio (Express) 2013 to be supported by the SDK of Inventor? I'd really have a look at the examples that I can't view right now.

Product Design Suite 2024
Inventor 2024 (v 28.20.27200.0000), Vault Basic 2024
Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Message 5 of 23
YuhanZhang
in reply to: miechh

To support the VS2013 for Inventor Wizards is in our consideration now. But you said you want to view examples do you mean to open the samples in developer tools with VS Express 2013?

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 23
YuhanZhang
in reply to: miechh

I checked with our developer team that for the next release Inventoris based on VS2012, that means VS2013 may have newer components that the next release won't support so we will not support the VS2013 in SDK (Inventor Wizards). You can use the VS2012 for your addin creation.

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 23
Jefkee
in reply to: YuhanZhang

Hi,

i'm having the same issue at the moment. When i try to install the "DeveloperTools.msi" i get "Could not find any version of Microsoft Visual Studio.

i'm currently using:

Inventor 2013

Visual Studio Express 2010

Inventor 2013
Message 8 of 23
awatt
in reply to: Jefkee

Any estimate on when Inventor 2015 will support VS 2013?

Message 9 of 23
jijun
in reply to: agr.saurav1

Does Inventor 2013 DeveloperTools supporty Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012 ?

Thanks,

Message 10 of 23
YuhanZhang
in reply to: jijun

Inventor 2013 Wizards does not support VS2012, it supports VS 2005, 2008 and 2010.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 23
Zimmerle
in reply to: YuhanZhang

I have PDSU 2015 (inventor 2015) and would like to do some dev. work.  Which version of VS is the most recent one supprted with IV 2015?

TIA,

Zimmerle

Message 12 of 23
awatt
in reply to: Zimmerle

I have successfully used Express 2012 for Inventor 2015.

Message 13 of 23
Zimmerle
in reply to: awatt

VS 2012 Experss is not available for download any more.

Options ? ? ? ? ?

Message 14 of 23
awatt
Message 15 of 23
jijun

I successfully installed SDk with VS2012 professional and Inventor 2016 professional.

Message 16 of 23
Zimmerle
in reply to: jijun

OK, so I have installed VS2008 and I still have errors trying to install Inventor's DEv tools.  It almost finishes and then, BAM! cannot run the script and uninstalls what has already been processed.

Next?

Message 17 of 23
YuhanZhang

If you have the KB3072630 installed on your machine, you will encounter the failure, and a workaround for now is to disable the KB3072630 first and install the SDK then enable the KB3072630 again. You can find the workaround I posted in below post:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/iv-2016-sdk-install-error-serious-error-install...

Hope this helps.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 23
skhuam

May I know what are the newest version of VS to work with Inventor 2016 Professional?

Message 19 of 23
YuhanZhang
in reply to: skhuam

The Inventor 2016 is based on VS2012. Hope this helps.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 23
Bolter99
in reply to: skhuam

Any to be honest, i have Visual Studio 2015 Automating Inventor 2017. 

Getting the SDK to install is the difficult part. Install Visual studio 2012 (or 2010) and install it. If it says failed at any point, dont press ok.

Copy the extracted files from the folder location of the installer elsewhere then click ok.

Within those files, the Zip file containing the Visual studio template will exist.

You can also add a "StartAction" to the .vbproj file so when debugging, inventor will Launch after building the DLL.

I have attached the VS11 file from the Inventor 2016 SDK. It should work fine on older versions.

PS: Sorry to bump up an old thread!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report