Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know how to skip library and content center files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jeffrey4283
346 Views, 1 Reply

Need to know how to skip library and content center files

Hi All,

I'm trying to automate my drawing creation but i've run into a problem. In my code it takes the document collection object and itereates through and creates a drawing for each part and assembly the problem is i need it to skip the files from my library and content center since they dont require drawings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the code:

Public Sub CreateDrawing()

'get documents collection object
    Dim invDocs As Documents
    Set invDocs = ThisApplication.Documents

'iterate through documents in collection
    Dim invDoc As Document
    For Each invDoc In invDocs

ElseIf invDoc.DocumentType = kAssemblyDocumentObject Then
            ' Set a reference to the drawing document.
            ' This assumes a drawing document is active.
            Dim oDrawDoc As DrawingDocument
            Set oDrawDoc = ThisApplication.Documents.Add(kDrawingDocumentObject, ThisApplication.FileOptions.TemplatesPath & "ASE-Drawing (Part).idw", True)

'Set a reference to the active sheet.
            Dim oSheet As Sheet
            Set oSheet = oDrawDoc.ActiveSheet

' Create the placement point objects.
            Dim oPoint1 As Point2d
            Set oPoint1 = ThisApplication.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint2d(16, 18)
            Dim oPoint2 As Point2d
            Set oPoint2 = ThisApplication.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint2d(37, 18)
            Dim oPoint3 As Point2d
            Set oPoint3 = ThisApplication.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint2d(16, 32)
            Dim oPoint4 As Point2d
            Set oPoint4 = ThisApplication.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint2d(37, 32)

' Create a base view.
            Dim oBaseView As DrawingView
            Set oBaseView = oSheet.DrawingViews.AddBaseView(invDoc, oPoint1, 1, kFrontViewOrientation, kHiddenLineDrawingViewStyle, "Front")
            ' Create left projected view.
            Dim rightProjView As DrawingView
            Set rightProjView = oSheet.DrawingViews.AddProjectedView(oBaseView, oPoint2, kFromBaseDrawingViewStyle, 1)
            ' Create top projected view.
            Dim topProjView As DrawingView
            Set topProjView = oSheet.DrawingViews.AddProjectedView(oBaseView, oPoint3, kFromBaseDrawingViewStyle, 1)
            ' Create isometric projected view.
            Dim isoProjView As DrawingView
            Set isoProjView = oSheet.DrawingViews.AddProjectedView(oBaseView, oPoint4, kHiddenLineRemovedDrawingViewStyle, 1)

' Create a parts list for the assembly

' Set a reference to th sheet's border
            'Dim oBorder As Border
            'Set oBorder = oSheet.Border
            Dim oPlacementPoint As Point2d
            Set oPlacementPoint = ThisApplication.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint2d(16.8275, 41.5925)

' Create the parts list.
            Dim oPartsList As PartsList
            Set oPartsList = oSheet.PartsLists.Add(oBaseView, oPlacementPoint, kPartsOnly)

ElseIf invDoc.DocumentType = kPartDocumentObject Then
            ' Set a reference to the drawing document.
            ' This assumes a drawing document is active.
            Dim oDrawDoc1 As DrawingDocument
            Set oDrawDoc1 = ThisApplication.Documents.Add(kDrawingDocumentObject, ThisApplication.FileOptions.TemplatesPath & "ASE-Drawing (Assembly).idw", True)

'Set a reference to the active sheet.
            Set oSheet = oDrawDoc1.ActiveSheet

' Create the placement point objects.
            Set oPoint1 = ThisApplication.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint2d(16, 18)
            Set oPoint2 = ThisApplication.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint2d(37, 18)
            Set oPoint3 = ThisApplication.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint2d(16, 32)
            Set oPoint4 = ThisApplication.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint2d(37, 32)

' Create a base view.
            Set oBaseView = oSheet.DrawingViews.AddBaseView(invDoc, oPoint1, 1, kFrontViewOrientation, kHiddenLineDrawingViewStyle, "Front")
            ' Create left projected view.
            Set rightProjView = oSheet.DrawingViews.AddProjectedView(oBaseView, oPoint2, kFromBaseDrawingViewStyle, 1)
            ' Create top projected view.
            Set topProjView = oSheet.DrawingViews.AddProjectedView(oBaseView, oPoint3, kFromBaseDrawingViewStyle, 1)
            ' Create isometric projected view.
            Set isoProjView = oSheet.DrawingViews.AddProjectedView(oBaseView, oPoint4, kHiddenLineRemovedDrawingViewStyle, 1)

Else: End If

Next

End Sub

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
adam.nagy
in reply to: jeffrey4283

HI,

I guess one way could be checking the path of each document and compare it to the path of the content center files and library files folder. 

You could get back those paths from the Application.DesignProjectManager.ActiveDesignProject object.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report