Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need my iLogic parts to work like my iParts do

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
343 Views, 6 Replies

Need my iLogic parts to work like my iParts do

So the problem I am having is that I have an ipart that allows me to narrow down my available options with "keyed" elements, yet I can not figure out how to recreate the "keyed" options within the iLogic rules/Paramaters.

Example: Lets say I have a part that is a certain diameter and based on it's diameter the availbel length and material options would apply, and those options would defer from dia. to dia. (just like choosing a bolt from Content Center).

I have an excel sheet controling the availbe options and I have linked it to the part and wrote several rules to pull out the data. The problem I'm running into is that when I choose a diameter it shows the enitre "column" of the spreadsheet instead of just teh "like" sizes, the length option does the same as well as the material. 

See attached pics (the first pic is the ipart that works flawlessly), the others are the results I'm getting

My VAR told me to write out what I was trying to do, but I keep getting syntax errors, so I'm not sure what is wrong, but here's what I'm trying to do:

If Type = Exhaust, then Material is Aluminzed or Stainless

If Type = Intake than Material = Aluminum

If Material = Alumunized, then avaiable sizes are: (2, 2.5, 2.75, 3, 3.5, 4, 5, 6)

If Material = Stainless, then avaiable sizes are: (3, 3.5, 4, 5)

If Material = Aluminum than avaiable sizes are: (3, 3.5, 4, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 😎

I'm just not sure how to make iLogic have "steps" in the choice process that narrow avaibale options as choices are made..

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
LukeDavenport
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi FritscheCAD

I wrote a blog on this topic (changing available options on a multi-value list) - 

http://bit.ly/1yrYMRK

Does that help?

Luke

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: LukeDavenport

This looks like it will work, Thank you!

is there anyway to have the available parameters determined frorm inside the excel sheet instead of typing them in, some of these are about 30 options each for 4-5 different options..??

Message 4 of 7
LukeDavenport

Its pretty straightforward to do. This standard iLogic snippet should get you started:

MultiValue.List("d0") = GoExcel.CellValues("filename.xls", "Sheet1", "A2", "A10")

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

If Coating = "ALUMINIZED" Then ' Make all profiles available MultiValue.SetList(2, 2.5, 2.75, 3, 3.5, 4, 5, 6) End If

Will this not create a Parameter with a pull down that includes the size options listed...

Because when I try to run this rule I get this error: Error in rule: Coating, in document: iLogic Donaldson Tubing.ipt MultiValue: Could not find a parameter named: "2"

I thought because there is not "" around each option that they were not considered "parameters"?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I got it figured out, I was forgetting to add the parameter it's being added to in front of the numbers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report