Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple iProperties Title lines?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
CharmPeddler
538 Views, 9 Replies

Multiple iProperties Title lines?

Hi guys, I've been trying to figure out how to add or make possible, multiple lines in the title block for the iProperties on title blocks. We have a custom title block here but the box is i a lil too narrow for quite a few of the titles. it has plenty of height for two or even three lines.

IV:11 pro Edited by: charmpeddler on Jun 19, 2009 1:14 PM
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CharmPeddler
in reply to: CharmPeddler

No one has an idea? do i need to provide more info? anything?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Charmpeddler,
I'm not sure I know exactly what your asking. Do you mean that the text you have entered into a field in your part's iProperties, for instance the description, is too long to fit into your title block?

Do you have the field in question in your title block referencing the iProperties of your part? If so, do you have one large piece of text or multiple pieces that make up a whole?
Message 4 of 10
CharmPeddler

"I'm not sure I know exactly what your asking. Do you mean that the text you have entered into a field in your part's iProperties, for instance the description, is too long to fit into your title block?" - YES

"Do you have the field in question in your title block referencing the iProperties of your part? " - YES, after filling in the Model iProperties, the .idw title block will automatically fill in.

"If so, do you have one large piece of text or multiple pieces that make up a whole?" - It is currently one large text line. i would like to "Size" it to the match the box that it is in, and if it gets too long, for it to automatically jump to the second line below. Edited by: charmpeddler on Jun 22, 2009 8:56 PM
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

ok, Is breaking your line of text down into parts an option? My first thought is to just add multiple text references to your title area; one for each section of your text. If you want something that will change the text and not be part specific you might have to write some sort of macro, have you used the Inventor API any?
Message 6 of 10
CharmPeddler

I have not used Macros in inventor no. I'll look into it. thanks.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

This might help you get started atleast.

{code}Dim oDrawDoc As DrawingDocument
Set oDrawDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument

Dim oDrawDesc As String
oDrawDesc = oDrawDoc.ReferencedDocuments.Item(1).PropertySets.Item(3).Item(14).Expression

Dim oDescLength As Integer
oDescLength = Len(oDrawDesc)
{code}

this assumes a drawing document is the active document and that you have atleast one view created. I use the "locals" window in the Inventor API a lot to figure out where things are; that might help you learn how to write your macro. If, or when, you have more questions just ask.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

This might help you get started atleast.

{code}Dim oDrawDoc As DrawingDocument
Set oDrawDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument

Dim oDrawDesc As String
oDrawDesc = oDrawDoc.ReferencedDocuments.Item(1).PropertySets.Item(3).Item(14).Expression

Dim oDescLength As Integer
oDescLength = Len(oDrawDesc)
{code}

this assumes a drawing document is the active document and that you have atleast one view created. I use the "locals" window in the Inventor API a lot to figure out where things are; that might help you learn how to write your macro. If, or when, you have more questions just ask.
Message 9 of 10
CharmPeddler

thanks for the jump start. i'll take alook at it for sure.
Message 10 of 10
AbelDoodeman

hi all. it's been a while but the same problem i run into.

there is an option to get multiple lines in the iproperties without filling the complete line. normally it's an "shift-enter" or whatever but this doesn't work.

anyone?

Do not force it, get a bigger hammer !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report