Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material In Title Block

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
SeanFarr
1992 Views, 2 Replies

Material In Title Block

I have my title block set-up to insert the material of the base view into a pre-determined text box, quite simple to do. However, I am noticing that it would quite handy to be able add more than the basic material.

Example is instead of saying 'Steel, Mild', If the material section of my title block could state, 'Steel, Mild 1/8" THK', this can save me from creating extra views in my idw just to show thickness of the part.

image attached currently shows how my title block is set-up.

Is there some where that the thickness of a sheet metal part can be pulled from to insert into my titleblock?

Or is there a more common way to insert material used from CC or sheet metal styles?

Or is it better to just set-up a prompted entry box and input the material manually?

Thanks

Sean Farr

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adam.nagy
in reply to: SeanFarr

Hi Sean,

If you open up the sheet metal part and then go to Manage >> Parameters, then you can tick the Export Parameter column for Sheet Metal Parameters >> Thickness. This way "Thickness" will be available from the sheet metal part document under "Custom Properties - Model" when editing the title block.

You can also change the unit so that the thickness will be shown in fractional format.

See below pictures.

thickness.png

thickness2.png

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 3
SeanFarr
in reply to: adam.nagy

Works Great, Thanks!

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums