Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Copy of Parts

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
gautamtyagi
384 Views, 9 Replies

Making Copy of Parts

Hi,

My current scene is i have same looking parts having different dimensions like length height diameters.

If i use iparts i can just change the dimension in rows and columns and could get the part. 

But that changed part when opened independently does not have the base sketch feature and only the base part shows up

in the browser.

So now is their any option to make copy of parts with changed dimensions and also with the sketch.

I know i can do save as to make copy but i want to do the changing in dimension through rows columns or excels or through any customized app.

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
salariua
in reply to: gautamtyagi

Why don't you use User Parameters to define size to drive you sketch and change dose with ilogic... ?

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 10
gautamtyagi
in reply to: salariua

Thanks Salariua.

I think you mean to connect this parameters with a excel file and than i can get the part.

For example if i have a cylinder  of dia 10 and length 10, i can make a excel linking with these two parameters to change the dimensions.

But i think this would be different excels sheets for different sizes.

But how we would do this in same excel--- making rows of parts with different sizes and than just adding one more row for next part number which in return would give me next parametric inventor model. Also if i want to send that part to some one throuhh mail, do i have to send the excel sheet

also along with the part.

Message 4 of 10
salariua

No.. I didn't meant linking with excel. I don't know what you post-copy needs are but when you do the copy with ilogic you can edit the new copy parameters with ilogic as well. So you can prompt the user for new sizes and for filepath and name for the copy.

Is this somehow close to what you are trying to do?

If in an assembly you can use the productivity tools, save and replace, then have a form inside the part (user needs to edit part) that modifies the parameters that drive the sketch.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 5 of 10
gautamtyagi

i am attaching a file for ex.

in the attached file i want to draw part 1 in inventor and the part no 2,3,4 i want to be made by some form fill up or 

you can say just inserting the values in a datasheet because in future when i will have more part nos than it will be very easy

to just enter values in the data sheet and all parts will be made automatically. important here is i want sketch in every part

otherwise it is same as ipart function, but problem with ipart is it does not create seprate sketch with seprate parts.

Did you get my point?

Message 6 of 10
salariua

I don't quite follow, you have an Autocad image with a table in it.

I have attached a part made with AIP2015. Open an new assembly and use Place iLogic Component and select my part. 

All you need to do is mark your parameters as KEY in the part as I did.

470.gif

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 7 of 10
gautamtyagi

Thanks for yor work

That image was only a example for you, i have these kinds of part in inventor(thousands).

The image you posted looks same what i need.

Questions-

1-when we will save this assy and will open the saved icomponent part(that you made here) can we see the sketch of the part or it will just look like a derieved component.

2-in the same manner can we have ready made drawings(connected with these parts) as well .

What i do now is i do a save as copy of drawing than save a copy of part than changed the dimension of part and than connecting

the reference of part with the already saved as drawing.

Message 8 of 10
salariua

Yes, you will have the sketch, it's just a copy, I will have to copy the drawing and change model to new part.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 9 of 10
gautamtyagi

Thanks 

i think That what i was looking for.

last question,

from which inventor version onwards this option is available. any option for automatic drgs?

Message 10 of 10
salariua

AIP 2011 onwards, or 2010 with ilogic addon.

ALL YOU NEED TO DO is mark the parameters as key and place the part with place ilogic component.

533.jpg

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report