Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for macro to batch creating drawings and export dxf files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
daledai
1226 Views, 2 Replies

looking for macro to batch creating drawings and export dxf files

Hi, All,

I am looking for a macro program to do the following.

1. create an drawing for a part using specified template. The program will read a list of part names. do one drawing at a time. The parts are all sheet metal parts

2. create view for the created drawing, select flat pattern view

3.  'Save copy as' an dxf file to specified destination.

If you could share the code or point me to the right source, it would very appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
NachitoMax
in reply to: daledai

Hi

my new tool called MegaSheets will be out next month. this allows you to select and create drawings of each part in an assembly at views that you have selected. There is also an option to select the view type (shaded, wireframe etc), scale, add view name (front elevation etc). You can also choose whethere to create one file will all sheets or all separate sheets. option to choose between dwg & idw is there too.

Added recently is the optino to select a template and from that, choose which titleblock & border to use

Keep checking here and the app store. it will be £99 and with it comes a few other nifty tools too 🙂

Nigel

form.JPG

view 2.JPG

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 3

Creating a drawing from a custom template, inserting drawing views, accessing parameters, all this is pretty basic workflow with the API.

If you are a complete newbie, I suggest you take a look at My First Inventor plug-in:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=17324828

Also we placed on github a complete set of classes, presentations and .Net samples breaked down into specific modules, take a look at the Drawing and Drawing Advanced modules, you should be able to find what you are looking for to get started:

https://github.com/ADN-DevTech/Inventor-Training-Material

Exporting a flat pattern to dxf is also a common task, you can find easily samples on our blogs, here is one for instance:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/05/exporting-flat-pattern-as-dwgdxf.html

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report