Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of unit of measures

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
marco.centenari
422 Views, 6 Replies

List of unit of measures

I Need to add a drop down List of available units other units.
Now I have to add the unit of measure by hand (for example, the unit of measurement of the volume lacks mm ^ 3, m ^ 3 cm ^ 3)
any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Where do you want this drop down list?

Message 3 of 7

i'd like to have this drop down list in parameters window or document settings (unit).unit2.jpgunit.jpg

Message 4 of 7

maybe with a multi value list in parameter?

Message 5 of 7
rjay75
in reply to: marco.centenari

To get that list you have to hand code the list yourself. In this help page here is a partial listing of units of measure. http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2014/ENU/Inventor/files/GUID-69D04C7D-E195-49C0-B1B2-03C88A806D9D...

The unit selection dialog box is the only complete list of units that you have to manually go through. There also won't be a list anywhere of units like mm^3 because these units are calculated when the parameter expressions are calculated. The is good when you end up with units for values like (m / s^2) but can be difficult to account for when programming because this makes a near infinite set of units to account for. So depending on the intended use your units are just a string that could be anything.

That being said the default units dialog is a good location to get typical units to list for Linear, Angular, Mass, and Time base units.

Message 6 of 7
marco.centenari
in reply to: rjay75

thank you for the answer..

i know i have to write manually the units if the units don't exist... but my question is if exist a code (ilogic or vb) to create parameters with a drop down list of units of measure.. not multivalue, but multiunits selected by a list

Message 7 of 7
rjay75
in reply to: marco.centenari

Are you looking for the code to actually show the list of units. If so that depends what you're going to show the list on. Is it an iLogic form, VBA Form, VB.Net form, etc. Each is done differently.

What/Where are you trying to show the list on/in?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report