Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linked spreadsheet

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
swordmaster
201 Views, 2 Replies

linked spreadsheet

Hi,

I have a annoying problem that i am looking for some thoughts on.

I have a spreadheet linked to a model. This spreadsheet is a depository for parameters which are filled in or selected by my users.

The model itself is controlled by some ilogic rules which use these spreadsheet parameter values to perform certain tasks, suppress/activate components etc.

Now to the annoyance

With the model opened I choose to edit the spreadsheet (select the spreadsheet in the model tree)

Parameters are updated in the spreadsheet and when this is saved the ilogic rules are triggered.

Model updates perfectly.

However I get this excel message asking if I want to save the spreadsheet.

Thats the problem. I send nothing back from Inventor to the spreadsheet so it really has not changed. I answer no to the question and everything is fine.

Any ideas why i would get this message?

I have countless models set up with linked spreadsheets and this behaviour only appears on one or two.

I would like to get rid of this message it is confusing to my users.

I tried setting DisplayAlerts to False in the spreadsheet to no avail

Any thoughts or ideas how to overcome this would be appreciated

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adam.nagy
in reply to: swordmaster

Hi,

Can you reproduce the behaviour with some non-confidential small model as well that you could upload for us to play with?

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 3
swordmaster
in reply to: adam.nagy

Adam,thanks for  the reply and offer to look at this behaviour. I have attached a small assembly and the spreadsheet.

Try opening the asm and then editing the spreadsheet select a new value for named cell x11partnumber from the drop down validation list on the first worksheet. Saving the excel triggers the rule. That will give the message asking if the excel should be saved.

Model updates correctly. The message to save the eccel is annoying and strange.

I am using Inventor 2009 + excel 2000

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report