Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Excel File - Can you only bring in so many lines?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mslosar
212 Views, 2 Replies

Linked Excel File - Can you only bring in so many lines?

I'm working on something that can have anywhere from 5 to 100 parts.

I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet to pull the values from, but, if i'm only going to have 10 parts, i'd like to just have parameters needed for those 10 parts to be linked into excel. There's no reason to have a bunch of zero values for parts 11-100...

I've tried conditional statements in the excel file to show blanks in those situations, but it errors on the inventor side when I try and link the file.

Is there anything to get around that in inventor, or a method in vb that'll import from A1 to C11 type of thing?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
YuhanZhang
in reply to: mslosar

Can you help to list steps for what you want to do and we can understand your requirement more easily?

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mslosar

Dear Mslosar

When you link Excel table with Inventor, only sheet1 is linked i.e. only data from sheet1 are imported. That mean, your real data should have to be on sheet2 from A2 to C101 and on sheet1 from A2 to C101 should be formulas =IF(sheet2!A2="0","",sheet2!A2). On A1 to C1 should be name for colomns.

Regards,

Nedeljko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report