Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link parameter from drawing sketch to parameter from user parameter

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
danijel.radenkovic
942 Views, 5 Replies

Link parameter from drawing sketch to parameter from user parameter

Hello frineds.

How I can link parameter from sketch1 in drawiing to an user parameter?

Inventor 2018/Windows 10 x64
If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution. Kudos are also gladly accepted.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Pozdrav,

User parameter is parameter that you creating. You can export parameters and import same parameters in another drawings. Link them with iLogic rule.

Parameter("model parameters", "your parameter") =user parameter

Sretno

Message 3 of 6

Pozdrav,

We have a misunderstanding. I don't need to import parameters from another drawing. I just have few parameters created by: Manage-Parameters-Add Numeric. Now I just need to link that parameters  with some dimensions in sketch. I know that it works in sketch of part but I don't know is it posible to do with sketch of drawing?

Hvala.

Danijel

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution. Kudos are also gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 6

I'm using sketch in drawing very rare, i didn't try but i bet you could link parameters in above described. You can PM me if you want.

Message 5 of 6
MegaJerk
in reply to: GosponZ

I believe that the post over on Being Inventive will guide you in the right direction : Control Sketched Symbol and Title Block via drawing parameters using Ilogic

Side note: Because Autodesk has not yet exposed the dimensions for drawing views / sketches for proper, there is currently no way to rename those dimensions through your Inventor client. You might be able to change the names via the API, but I have not had the time to test this theory out. The more complex your sketches get, the more work you're going to have to put in into making sure that those hidden model parameters are the ones that you'd like to access / tie to a drawing parameter. 

I hope that this helps. 

- The Jerk 

If my solution worked or helped you out, please don't forget to hit the kudos button 🙂
iLogicCode Injector: goo.gl/uTT1IB

GitHub
Message 6 of 6

Thanks MegaJerk

I tried your solution and for now it is only accepted. Thanks for the help friends.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report