Inventor Customization

Inventor Customization

Contributor
12 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 1

Light direction bug / additional rotation?

98 Views, 0 Replies
11-17-2011 09:01 AM

Accessing the "direction" property of a light object seems to give me strange results:

I made a test cell with a cube and a single fixed (i.e. not camera-relative) directional light, and no ambient light.

Case 1: I set the lighting so that it shines along the Z-Axis in the negative direction (the "top" of the cube is illuminated)

if i access the direction property of that light, it gives me "0, -1, 0" instead of "0, 0, -1"

Case 2: I set the lighting so that it shines along the Y-Axis in the negative direction (one side of the cube is illuminated)

if i access the direction property of that light, it gives me "0, 0, 1" instead of "0, -1, 0"

Looks like the results use another coordinate system or some additional rotations. Since this is not documented in the API, i assume this is a bug or a misunderstanding on my side. Please enlighten me :-)

edit: Win7 64bit, Inventor 2012

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!