Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer stays not InUse

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mikael.bjork
248 Views, 3 Replies

Layer stays not InUse

Hi

We have a (big) model from a partner that gives us a strange problem.

When the model is placed in a drawing, we have a function that takes the colors from the 3d model and applies them (mapped) to the 2d drawing by moving individual curves onto different layers (this was much faster than simply coloring the lines).

Strangely one of the layers we create gets InUse == false.

Even if we manually in Inventor move some component onto this layer InUse remains 'false'.

The curves all appear to have the right color and everything seems to work. The problem appears when the drawing is exported to an AutoCAD dwg, since apparantly layers that are not InUse are not created in AutoCAD and all curves that belong to that layer (and are nicely blue) in Inventor are placed in layer 0 in AutoCAD.

I can not see why this is. We create several colored layers, all in the same way. They are created as copies of the original layer, renamed and then assigned a color.

If I create a small model everything works as expected, but we do not know how many of our partners models have this specific problem.

I can not see anything different between the faulty layer and the others. Interestingly it is the 'first' layer in alphabetical order of the layers we create (which are by the way not placed in the "Standard").

Also the drawing is actually an Inventor dwg and not an idw, if that makes any difference.

How can I force a layer to set InUse == true?

regards

Mikael Björk

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
YuhanZhang
in reply to: mikael.bjork

Can you attach data and steps to reproduce this problem?

If this solves the problem please click ACCEPT SOLUTION so other people can find it easily.

Rocky Zhang
Inventor API PD
Manufacturing Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
mikael.bjork
in reply to: YuhanZhang

No. I can not attach the model it is 1.5GB big and removing some parts of it makes it start working again.

I am investigating the issue further to be able to provide you with a more detailed description but in general the problem is that one layer claims that it is not InUse, while it actually is.

Message 4 of 4
mikael.bjork
in reply to: mikael.bjork

Our customer has decided to let this bug go. We do not know what is causing it. But it appears rare so we will just ignore it for now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report