Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last saved by & Last saved date Drawing template properties

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ruairi.mulligan
2804 Views, 3 Replies

Last saved by & Last saved date Drawing template properties

I'm trying to customise my drawing templates to keep them up to date and also include accountability.

I seem to be having trouble in including the name of the person who has last saved the model, and the date the model was last saved.

Manually including this information isn't ideal as people will forget, and it makes it harder to trace revisions.

I can't see anywhere on the iProperties where the 'Last saved by' feature is available, but I thought maybe the information could be pulled from the username from the application options?

The last saved date should be easy, as there is a modified date in the model's iproperties; however, I cannot pull this information.

I have used other cad packages in the past and this was never an issue.

With all the customisation of Inventor, I thought this would be relatively straight  forward.

Has anyone encountered this problem before or found a solution to it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tsreagan
in reply to: ruairi.mulligan

I created a revision tracker for a client once,  it checks if there is an ACAD version on file, and if so, will increment a revision if a certain amount of time has passed.

This prevents incrimenting revisions when you make a few changes within a short time.

The date code will help you,  and yes, you should be able to pull the user automatically as well.

Hope this helps a bit.

T.S.

Message 3 of 4

Hi tsreagan, Thanks for your response and for sharing your tracker.

I did a bit more searching and came across this article which pretty much covers both aspects of my problem.

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.ie/2011/01/use-ilogic-to-fill-out-your-title-block.html

Message 4 of 4
matt_jlt
in reply to: ruairi.mulligan

You can add this code to an iLogic Rule that can be set to autorun on save:

iProperties.Value("Custom","User") = ThisApplication.UserName
iProperties.Value("Custom","Timestamp") = Now.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm tt")
ThisDoc.Update

You can then reference these iProperties in the titleblock. That way you can see who saved it last and when on all prints.

Regards, Matt.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report