Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IV9 Parts List question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
129 Views, 3 Replies

IV9 Parts List question

Can anyone tell me if the expanded Parts Lists API options in IV9 includes the ability to tell if an item has been ballooned similar to the way you get a symbol in the Edit Parts List Dialog? From what I have seen (early "trial"), it does not. If this is the case, could someone at AutoDesk suggest methods whereby it could be determined using roundabout obscure code fragments and algorithms? Actually, adding the API capability to SP1 would be greatly appreciated instead of having to resort to compute intensive code to recalculate what should be already known regarding the items in the parts list. Bob S. P.S. Sorry if this sounds like a rant.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Bob, From what I can tell yes you could loop through the objects and tell if they have been ballooned. I think you woul have to go about it through the following method. I beleive you would need to compare the number of parts verus the number of balloons. That said there IS NO BALLOON.ADD method I don't know why but it doesn't have one. However it does have a Balloon.Add method. As long as where talking about adding functionallity please include Balloon.Add and an AutoBalloon object would greatly easy our live also. If possible :-) "Bob S." wrote in message news:40fbc1eb_3@newsprd01... > Can anyone tell me if the expanded Parts Lists API options in IV9 > includes the ability to tell if an item has been ballooned similar to > the way you get a symbol in the Edit Parts List Dialog? From what > I have seen (early "trial"), it does not. If this is the case, could > someone at AutoDesk suggest methods whereby it could be > determined using roundabout obscure code fragments and > algorithms? Actually, adding the API capability to SP1 would > be greatly appreciated instead of having to resort to compute > intensive code to recalculate what should be already known regarding > the items in the parts list. > > Bob S. > > P.S. Sorry if this sounds like a rant. > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Joshua, Actually, what I would like to do is have a routine that checked to see if an item is ballooned or not. If it isn't I would like to turn off the visibility of the item in the parts list. I currently cannot just compare item numbers because after I execute my renumber balloons interactive command I am working on, some of the item numbers may be duplicated. I would have to somehow find filename or part number references to all the ballooned items and then somehow compare those each in turn to the item's part number in the parts list. Manualy, I just select all the parts that don't have balloons and RMB-Visible(off). Bob S. "Joshua Verdin" wrote in message news:40fbc558_3@newsprd01... > Bob, > From what I can tell yes you could loop through the objects and tell if they > have been ballooned. I think you woul have to go about it through the > following method. I beleive you would need to compare the number of parts > verus the number of balloons. That said there IS NO BALLOON.ADD method I > don't know why but it doesn't have one. However it does have a Balloon.Add > method. > > As long as where talking about adding functionallity please include > Balloon.Add and an AutoBalloon object would greatly easy our live also. If > possible :-) > > > "Bob S." wrote in message > news:40fbc1eb_3@newsprd01... > > Can anyone tell me if the expanded Parts Lists API options in IV9 > > includes the ability to tell if an item has been ballooned similar to > > the way you get a symbol in the Edit Parts List Dialog? From what > > I have seen (early "trial"), it does not. If this is the case, could > > someone at AutoDesk suggest methods whereby it could be > > determined using roundabout obscure code fragments and > > algorithms? Actually, adding the API capability to SP1 would > > be greatly appreciated instead of having to resort to compute > > intensive code to recalculate what should be already known regarding > > the items in the parts list. > > > > Bob S. > > > > P.S. Sorry if this sounds like a rant. > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

sorry about that type "o" i meant to say it does have a ballon.count method. "Bob S." wrote in message news:40fbc84f_2@newsprd01... > Joshua, > > Actually, what I would like to do is have a routine that checked to see if an item > is ballooned or not. If it isn't I would like to turn off the visibility of the item in > the parts list. I currently cannot just compare item numbers because after I > execute my renumber balloons interactive command I am working on, some of the > item numbers may be duplicated. I would have to somehow find filename or > part number references to all the ballooned items and then somehow compare > those each in turn to the item's part number in the parts list. Manualy, I just > select all the parts that don't have balloons and RMB-Visible(off). > > Bob S. > > > "Joshua Verdin" wrote in message news:40fbc558_3@newsprd01... > > Bob, > > From what I can tell yes you could loop through the objects and tell if they > > have been ballooned. I think you woul have to go about it through the > > following method. I beleive you would need to compare the number of parts > > verus the number of balloons. That said there IS NO BALLOON.ADD method I > > don't know why but it doesn't have one. However it does have a Balloon.Add > > method. > > > > As long as where talking about adding functionallity please include > > Balloon.Add and an AutoBalloon object would greatly easy our live also. If > > possible :-) > > > > > > "Bob S." wrote in message > > news:40fbc1eb_3@newsprd01... > > > Can anyone tell me if the expanded Parts Lists API options in IV9 > > > includes the ability to tell if an item has been ballooned similar to > > > the way you get a symbol in the Edit Parts List Dialog? From what > > > I have seen (early "trial"), it does not. If this is the case, could > > > someone at AutoDesk suggest methods whereby it could be > > > determined using roundabout obscure code fragments and > > > algorithms? Actually, adding the API capability to SP1 would > > > be greatly appreciated instead of having to resort to compute > > > intensive code to recalculate what should be already known regarding > > > the items in the parts list. > > > > > > Bob S. > > > > > > P.S. Sorry if this sounds like a rant. > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report