Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a better template?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
NachitoMax
362 Views, 9 Replies

Is there a better template?

Hi

Is there a better template than the one that ships with IV? A template is supposed to be biolerplate model that you add your own stuff to and it works. The template that ships has a myriad of things to do plus a lot things that are missing-

.addin
Ribbon menu
How to connect your dll to your inventor whilst testing...

There really is no point in 'half' doing something 🙂

Nige

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
bretrick30
in reply to: NachitoMax

I'm assuming you are talking about a template for creating Add-ins?

If so,  you can download a template from the link below that sets everything up for you, Just install it and choose it in Visual Studio.

http://www.spiderinnet2.typepad.com/blog/2012/06/a-wizard-for-inventor-net-addin.html%20

Message 3 of 10
NachitoMax
in reply to: bretrick30

Hi

yeah i had found this before. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but i cannot see what it has done. i still only have the Autodesk SDK template available in my project templates folder and nothing inside VS that shows as a tool..

How exactly does it work? 🙂

Thanks

Nigel

Nacho

EESignature

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 10
bretrick30

What version of Visual Studio are you using?

Message 5 of 10
NachitoMax

Hi

i am using 2013 but i think the tool only supports upto 2010?

Cheers 🙂 & happy New Year

Nige

Nacho

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
bretrick30

That is true, but I was able to copy some files and make it work in 2013.  Below is a link to a video I made showing what files to move and where.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HAiI1y8s_ZSFgyOUtoSkZvT0U/view?usp=sharing

Message 7 of 10
NachitoMax

Hi

i appreciate the video. I cant find the files on my drive at all. i have uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times. Are you able to zip the files and dropbox them at all? i can manually place them in my templates folder.

i recently made a tool to help me make code snippets if you are interested? 

also

after making the snippet tool, it occured to me that the .addin files are also xml based so i am going to copy it and modify some code to allow a simple fill in box to create a .addin file for the application (just in case). i can put the tool in the same dropbox folder.

Here is a video link 🙂 http://screencast.com/t/eJR5cVHla

Cheers

Nacho

EESignature

Message 8 of 10
bretrick30

I have attached the files.  Make sure you have the template program from that site as well.  It has some .dll files that Im sure it will need.

That snippets tool looks very useful.  Thanks!

Message 9 of 10
NachitoMax

Hi

I copied everything you did but i cannot get the template to appearwhen i select to make a new project... I followed your video and also placed the files where my templates (and the AD inventor templates) are located (My Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Templates\ 

confused lol :s

Cheers

Nacho

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
NachitoMax

Hi

I got it work (kind of). Is there a user guide? I went through the steps and at the end, got error about a dictionary not found. Im sure i read that the .addin is placed into the correct location but i cant get anything to appear in inventor... When i click on help, it just takes me to the main website and i cant find anything 🙂

Cheers

Nacho

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report