Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to nest popup buttons on context menu?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
FarrenYoung
797 Views, 4 Replies

Is it possible to nest popup buttons on context menu?

Can I create popup button control underneath another poup button control?

I can do this with .net controls, but I can't seem to get this to work with Inventor.  Whenever I try to add a commandbar to another commandbar.Controls I get an Invalid Parameter error.

Nested Menu.png

Here is what I am referring to. I would like to be able to add a menu below a menu.

Nested Menu 0.png

--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

In theory, I think  LinearMenu.AddButtonPopup or  LinearMenu.AddPopup should work, however they both failed at my side. I am digging if I could figure it out.

Message 3 of 5

Have you been able to figure this out yet?

--Farren

Message 4 of 5
FarrenYoung
in reply to: FarrenYoung

In case anyone has this question, I received word via ADN that this is not possible.

--Farren

Message 5 of 5

Is this still an issue with Inventor 2016, 2017 & 2018 API?

I used code which added a command bar as a popup menu to the context menu in Inventor 2012, however as I am upgrading our in house applications to Inventor 2016, I am finding I cannot replicate this functionality in the Linear Marking Menu?

Many Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report