Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart Table in tree view

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
santoshr0114
687 Views, 2 Replies

iPart Table in tree view

I need to display a iPart Table Name in a child node below the respective parts parent node in a treeview.

Is there any suggestion of how to do it ???

Regards
Santosh
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david
in reply to: santoshr0114

I have this same issue. I am using Inventor Professional 2014. I want to create an ipart of pipe/tubing. At our facility we may choose to us spiral lock pipe, scheduled pipe, tubing, or fabricated pipe from our shop. For each of the pipes in the list I would maket them the parent of a tree group. Is it possible to do this? It seems like I should be able to group them in the ipart chart creation but its not an option as far as I am aware of. Can anybody help with this?

Message 3 of 3
in reply to: david

Hi David

Did I understand you right? You want to put part name in tree in browser instead of member name. I think it is impossible, but you can do following:

When you creating iPart, in the table you will find colomn "Member". In that colomn you can write the same string as part name. 

But be careful, if you allready have created and placed iPart in a assembly and when you change his member name, it will cause error when you try to open assembly which contains your ipart. In that case you need to right-click on the tree (on ipart>table see. attach.) and choose change component. Then choose your component with new member name.

I hope it's help.

Nedeljko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report