Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inventor utilities library

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Leanderjk
422 Views, 1 Reply

inventor utilities library

Hello,

I'm trying to create a program in C# to maintain and order my inventor files and using the inventor library dll to get some powerfull inventor related commands to retrieve certain properties.

My problem is that this program is going to be part of our company's global program where everything is managed(project orders, correspondance, hour registration, etc.) and not all users have Inventor or Inventor View installed(hence not having the dll I want used in my program).

So my question is, how can I use this dll in my program without having to install Inventor or Inventor View on a system?

Regards, Leander

Regards, Leander

------------------------------
Work: Autodesk Inventor 2010
Home: Autodesk Inventor 2013
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Leander,

There is no way you can use Inventor functionalities without having either Inventor or Inventor View installed, in the second scenario you have access only to the Apprentice functionalities, in the first you also need to actually run Inventor if you want to perform write operations on the files for example.

The only way you could use those functionalities without requesting the user to install another product than your own would be to create your standalone executable based on Inventor OEM, but it is subject to some very specific requirements.

If you need more details about Inventor OEM, please contact my colleague brian.ekins@autodesk.com

Regards,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report