Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Template Customization

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mirzanasrullah
554 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Template Customization

Dear Team,

I would like to make my template as per the requirement and want to lock some of the options or features for creating any kind of model.

Example : If my team is working on Sheet Metal module, then I want them to only check the Material Thickness, which I have defined in the Template, other features like Material Style & Unfold Rule must be locked.

Please help me ...

Thank you.

Nasrullah Baig Mirza,
Mechanical Design Engineer,
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

I do not see a way to disable some settings. The only I can suggest is:

either your code could pop out a warning after the end user modifies the relevant options (such as rule). And ask him not to modify the rule.

or when the end user closes the document, pop out the warning to indicate the rule is modified and ask him to change back to the orignal.

Message 3 of 5

Dear Liang,

Thank you for the reply, which was helpful to me...

In the case which u explained, who can I make change for the Pop-up for the Team. Any hint which I can modify any script or registry.

Thank you.

Nasrullah Baig Mirza,
Message 4 of 5

Hi Mirza,

I meant to start some events such as ApplicationEvents.OnCloseDocument. In this event, check if the rule is changed. If yes, just pop out a message box to tell the user. And cancel the operation by HandlingCode = kEventCanceled . thus the closing will not proceed. 

Message 5 of 5

Thank you.... Very Much.

Nasrullah Baig Mirza,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report