Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor freeze when Macros should load or run?

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
ravivalon
1145 Views, 27 Replies

Inventor freeze when Macros should load or run?

Hi all

Working with inventor pro 2012, whenever I try to run a macro, the program freezes. It happens when I press the tools/macros button and it can take 30 sec or more before the macros dialog release and active or I can try to run windows job list which seems to release the jam too. It also happens when I try to run my macro with shortcut key or customized button. It freezes before the macro even loads and it is very frustrating. If I open the macros editor and run the macro from there (run sub) then there is no delay at all!    

Does anybody else have the same and if so do you have a solution?

Thanks

Alon

Autodesk Inventor 2012 SP1 64-bit, win 7 

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
karthur1
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

In my application options, I have that box unchecked, so I checked the box, then closed and restarted Inventor.  Didn't reallly see that much of a changed in how fast Inventor opens.

So now I open a ipt and then click Tools>Macros.  After the Macros dialog comes up, it still takes about 30 sec for the dialog to become responsive.  I dont think that loading the VBA along with Inventor is the solution to this issue.

My "old" trick still works though (Click Macros, click in a different window, click back on the Macros dialog) and I can use the Macros dialog without waiting.

I think engineering needs to take another look at this...Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 28
brian
in reply to: karthur1

Agreed, this is NOT the solution. Its not a startup thing as it happens sometimes repeatedly on the same file without closing INV

Message 23 of 28
Mark_Wigan

i also see this random lag, it happens about 50% of the time, sometime 5 seconds, sometimes 5 minutes.

it happens regardless of whether the "Load VBA from start up" is checked or not.

regardless of whether macro is fired from a form or custom button.

i usually use a message box at the start of each macro to give the user a chance to cancel. when the macros hang, it is paused on this message box, with no focus on the macro or inventor in general. occasionally i click somewhere to try to wake it up.

all of the macros are loaded via an application VBA project.

i am also using W7 64bit

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 24 of 28
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

this lag seems to have been sorted in 2014 !

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 25 of 28

Spoiler

Try to add this line in your code:

SendKeys ("%{TAB}%{TAB}")

It seems to work.

Message 26 of 28
karthur1
in reply to: denis.bourasseau

Does it matter where in the code its added?
Message 27 of 28
denis.bourasseau

It needs to be added at the end of the UserForm_Activate code.

It sends "alt + tab" twice in order to change window and then return to the Inventor window.

Message 28 of 28

I've been using Inventor 2015 since several months and the problem seems to be solved on that version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report