Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Assembly/Part to Autocad DWG with Layer?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
allenkag
350 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor Assembly/Part to Autocad DWG with Layer?

Hello, I'm writing an Addin for Inventor Professional 2015 in VB.Net, I'm attempting to export an assembly or part file from Inventor into a DWG format. This conversion isn't at all difficult, however I would like to attempt and assign an AutoCad layer to the DWG on export from Inventor. I have spend a few days researching and came up with two possible scenarios, unless anyone has insight on a proper/better solution. Option 1: Export the DWG with a custom outDWG.ini file, I could then maybe use different Autocad templates to assign the DWG a layer. (Everything in a single DWG will go on a single layer) Option 2: I found dwgdotnet where I may be able to use Autocad VB classes without the need of launching the Autocad process in any way. Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.Geometry Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime If anyone could offer some suggestions or advice on how to proceed, Essentially - I want to export a DWG while assigning an Autocad layer at the same time to the file. I would greatly appreciate any help and advice. Thanks, Allen
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report