Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor API and section cut text label

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Carter.Mast
571 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor API and section cut text label

I am trying to use the Inventor API to customize the text label that appears next to a section cutline in a drawing (see image below).

The text in question can be modfied through the Name variable of the SectionDrawingViewType object. However, this approach changes both the name of the SectionDrawingViewType object, as well as the text next to the section line. Is it possible to access just the section line text through the API? Is this text field exposed? Which object type is this text field?

Thanks!

EDITTHISFIELD.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tneff2
in reply to: Carter.Mast

So I believe I found what your looking for.

Try using the .text property of the SectionDrawingView.Label object in question.

This will allow you to keep the unique name of the SectionDrawingView while still changing the text.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

- Thomas

Message 3 of 4
Carter.Mast

Hi Thomas-

Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestions and still am having no luck. For Inventor 2013 the field SectionViewObject.Label.Text is read only and is a concatentaion of the the .Name and .Scale property fields which can be changed---but doing so alters the label on the SectionViewObject and as well as the text field associated with the section cut line. 

In the example shown below the variable SectionViewObject.Label.Text reads "A2 SCALE:1/4". What I want to do is keep that name, but edit the field labeled "A2 SH3" in the second image below, without affecting/changing the "A2 SCALE:1/4" label.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks again!

sample1.PNG

Sample2.PNG

Message 4 of 4
lando7189

Autodesk Inventor 2016...   ... and the section symbol itself is still an 'UnknowObject'.  About the only thing to do is to hide it and put in a custom sketch symbol.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report