Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor API and Insert Frame

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CharlJSmit
534 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor API and Insert Frame

Hi there

I am currently looking into the API for Inventor 2012 in order to try and automate a few processes that we do within our comapany.

What I am trying to do is access the functionality that the "Insert Frame" or Frame Generator function brings to Inventor by using the API. The basic functionality that I am looking for is to be able to draw a steel beam from Inventors library by using the API,  similar to the way the "Insert Frame" command handles it. Is this possible? I have looked into the API documentation but cannot find anything.

Thanks

Charl

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Carl,

Unfortunately FG does not expose any API, it is an Inventor add-in. I believe that it is implemented on top of the API, so everything it does is technically possible to achieve through the existing API, however it will require a good experience in several areas of the API and a fair piece of work to reproduce the same functionality.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Philippe. 

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report