Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 programmatically turn off parameter "Immediate Update" using API

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
guilloryt
251 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2014 programmatically turn off parameter "Immediate Update" using API

Is there an Inventor Api property/method that I can use to turn off the Immediate Update option on the Parameters dialog?

We are using Inventor 2014 api with Excel AddIns to modify legacy parts that were created before the option for Immediate Update existed. Apparently when opening those parts this option is turned on and causing issues for our processes. Our preference is not to require the users to manually turn that option off. We would prefer having the Addin programmatically turn it off.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
adam.nagy
in reply to: guilloryt

Hi,

It seems that there is no API to change that option in the Parameters dialog, but I think that is only relevant to that dialog: i.e. when the user changes a parameter in that dialog.

As I understand you are changing things through the API, so the model should not update straight away after each parameter value gets changed.

Maybe you could describe in more detail what the exact problem is?

Cheers, 

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 3
guilloryt
in reply to: adam.nagy

We just migrated from 2010 to 2014. Jumping 4 versions had caused a couple of issues with an Addin we were using. Thought part of our issue might have been related to "parameter immediate" option possibly causing the model to update as each parameter was getting modified programatically.

As it turns out .. .slight changes in the Reference Documents objects was the culprit.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report