Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 - Addins loading even if Load Automatically is unchecked

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
FarrenYoung
1007 Views, 13 Replies

Inventor 2013 - Addins loading even if Load Automatically is unchecked

I have a few versions of Inventor installed along with some registry based addins.  When I load the 2013 Addin Manager outside Inventor (from the start menu) they all have "Load Automatically" unchecked; however, when I load Inventor 2013 they will all load.  The Addin Manager inside Inventor 2013 will have them loaded, but "Load Automatically" is still unchecked.  If I check the registry "LoadOnStartup" is 1 for them.  It seems as though the "Load Automatically" setting isn't changing this registry value.  I can manually change "LoadOnStartup" to 0 and the addin won't load. Has anyone seen this or have any explanations for it?

--Farren

************************************************************************************
If this post helps, please click the "thumbs up" to give kudos
If this post answers your question, please click "Accept as Solution"
************************************************************************************
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
FarrenYoung
in reply to: FarrenYoung

Surely I am not the only one seeing this...

--Farren

Message 3 of 14
Chris_Rogers

I am also seeing it load addins automatically when they were checked to not load on startup.  This is very troublesome since I have to uninstall several addins each time I change a project.

Help on this issue would be appreciated!

-Chris Rogers
Inventor Certified Professional
Anonymous
in reply to: Chris_Rogers

I'm having the same issue.

When I'm running Inventor 2013 as Admin. none of the add ins load. They all are greyed out.

And when I'm running the Inventor 2013 normally, add ins are displayed, but stress analysis doesn’t show any output when clicking on "simulate" button, Nothings happen, No results are generated

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

I seem to be having the same issue  as the OP... Our add-in was working fine with 2012 but with 2013 we are seeing that the "Load Automatically" is not being remembered after being set via the Add-Ins dialog.

I assume there must be somethign different required for the registration of the add-in but haven't found it yet.

Any help is appreciated.

Thx!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

Same issue here. I contact autodesk tomorrow about it.
Message 7 of 14
tneff2
in reply to: Anonymous

I've seen this before. Have you made sure that the add-in file that is used has the load on start up set to "0"?

i.e: <LoadOnStartUp>0</LoadOnStartUp>

Message 8 of 14
FarrenYoung
in reply to: tneff2

This is happening on registry based addins, not registry free. So there is
no addin file for people to change. Registry free addins work fine as far
as I know.
--Farren

Message 9 of 14
jdkriek

Not understanding why people don't migrate to registry free add-ins.

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 10 of 14
FarrenYoung
in reply to: jdkriek

Registry addins will let you use newer versions of the .net framework.
Registry free versions will fail to load.
--Farren

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

So this sounds like a bug... @Maarten65 did you already contact Autodesk about this?

On the other hand the OP posted this over a year ago and I have tried 2013 SP2 and 2014 and I still see the issue.  And given how obvious the problem is I would have thought this would have been worked out by now.  So the other thought is that its a known change starting in 2013 and something needs to be updated/changed with the addin ???  But what?

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

I contacted Autodesk about it. And together with Vest, the develeopers of the addin, they are looking for a solution.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

Marrten65... Have you resolved the problem?  Can you share what you found out?

Thanks!!

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

The developers of the add-in changed their product with a hotfix.

It is working fine now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report