Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 -ILogic imates Update

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
varindersra
502 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2012 -ILogic imates Update

Hi,

I have an assembly in which I have imates. imates are created usign work planes. Now as soon as I move the work planes ( Increasing the work plane dimension) my imates does not move. See the Picture below. Now, I have been using "Rebuild all" Command to fix this issue. But the problem now is that I have a big assembly with 100's of parts and using "Rebuild all" command takes very long time to execute. Is it possible to update just the imates in the assembly or update just the subassembly where imates are. Can somebody provide me the code for that.

Untitled.png

Regards!

Varinder

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
waynehelley
in reply to: varindersra

I am looking for the same thing.

A method to update iMates without having to do a rebuild all.

Wayne Helley
Inventor 2013 Certified Professional

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2023
Visual Studio 2022
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
Message 3 of 3

Hi varindersra,

I do not find a way to update imate only. Probably AssemblyDocument.Rebuild2() may help. It performs compute operations on all of the entities within this Document's scope as if all of the driving entities had been 'dirtied'. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report