Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inv 2014 Removes support for VBA auto-run Macros

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
damiano_peloso
440 Views, 3 Replies

Inv 2014 Removes support for VBA auto-run Macros

n the readme for Inventor 2014... I see this information:

Inventor 2014 removes support for VBA auto-run macros which are embedded in Inventor documents. These VBA macros are named: “AutoOpen”, “AutoNew”, “AutoSave”, “AutoClose” and “AutoEdit”. They can severely impact Inventor performance and pose a possible security risk. The suggested alternative to auto-run macros is to create an Inventor add-in.

I guess this is the reason that my macro (that uses Autosave) does not work any longer.  This is a real deal breaker for 2014 for me.  This macro is in EVERY idw that I create and it must work.  It has been working since Inventor R5.3.  The suggestion given is to create an Inventor Add-in.  I dont have clue how to convert this to an Inventor add-in.

Any takers on converting it for me?  Attached is the code.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

This DevBlog post has an example that seems similar. Maybe you could update it to do what you need.

http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2013/07/add-in-with-event-example-to-replace-auto-run-mac...

You would just need to get your code working in the event callback. I could do this for you if you don't have or don't want to use Visual Studio.

This post could also be helpful:

http://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/10/converting-vba-auto-macros-to-an-add-in.html

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
JEHADESIGN
in reply to: wayne.brill

Hi,

Do you have a VB.Net quickfix/new version for the "AddIn_with_Saved_Events" if you want to run it on Inventor2015 ?

NB: Thanks for the possibilty to download the event!

Claus

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4

Hi all,

I've created a new opensource project which enable these functionalities, you can find it at this link.

As you can see this project is valid only for Inventor 2015.

Within few days I will create a new project for the release 2014.

Bregs

Rossano Praderi

--------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution"
button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
---------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report