Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intersection area between two circles

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bharathc85
681 Views, 6 Replies

intersection area between two circles

In my work i just need the intersection area between two circles, can i know how to get that. is it possible??
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wayz
in reply to: bharathc85

Yes it is possible,
Message 3 of 7
bharathc85

Will u please tell which method is used for that.
Message 4 of 7
wayz

you'll have to give more details in your questions, post a screen shot or a part. Just elaborate more
Message 5 of 7
bharathc85

my basic aim is , i need to draw some circles(say 5) , i just want the areas which are intersecting and the remaining area should be deleted. at the intersecting areas i will insert my parts in the assembly environment.
Message 6 of 7
wayz

AFAIK there is no easy way (if you rule out the normal trim in the sketch, which can get confusing when you have too much circles), however i found a workaround that requires more work.

check part attached.

1- Create sketch and draw in it only one circle
2- Extrude the circle
3-Right click on sketch and click share sketch
4-Edit your sketch and add one other circle, then hit finish sketch
5-Extrude your second circle, this time using "intersect" instead of "Join" (Make sure your extrusion is in the right direction, otherwise you'll get nothing).
6- Re-edit your sketch and create a third circle, and extrude "intersect".

And so on until you get your solid made of intersections, then you can project its face to any plane.

If you find it hard let me know, i'll try to create some video for you tomorrow.

Best Regards,
Message 7 of 7
bharathc85

Thanks wayz for ur quick responses, just now i worked on ur model, thats pretty intresting, and it worked well.
how can we do it thru API,
thru kIntersectOperation option..... Edited by: bharathc85 on Oct 29, 2009 9:00 PM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report