Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Letter Blocks with Ilogic

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ArjanDijk
467 Views, 3 Replies

Insert Letter Blocks with Ilogic

Inventor is not able to select lines from a single line font. Therefore I need AutoCAD to convert the linefont to linepieces. This is a big workaround as I want the text for engraving in Inventor HSM and switching up and down between AutoCAD and Inventor is not what I want. It would be nice to have the geometry of the most used letters and numbers from AutoCAD and insert them with Ilogic to a sketch. 

One of the questions I have is: can I open an AutoCAD or Inventor block in an empty IPT with a global Ilogic rule? How would that work?

Inventor HSM and Fusion 360 CAM trainer and postprocessor builder in the Netherlands and Belgium.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
eljoseppo
in reply to: ArjanDijk

Little outdated but maybe this will be useful:

Inventor now can "explode" text into lines.

New Feature in Inventor 2017.3

Message 3 of 4
Rich-T
in reply to: eljoseppo

I'd like to run an ilogic rule that converts text to geometry in a given sketch.

The idea is to pass the part number from the model iproperties to the sketch as text and convert to text in the flat pattern.

So i'm looking for help in getting the 'convert to geometry' bit. 

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
ArjanDijk
in reply to: Rich-T

I think that can be done. The disadvantage is that the parametric text disappears and you get lines back. No possibility to change that part number after you used text to geometry.

Inventor HSM and Fusion 360 CAM trainer and postprocessor builder in the Netherlands and Belgium.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report