Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic user define information

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brandoncairl
171 Views, 1 Reply

ilogic user define information

Hi,

I am working on an ilogic rule to save a pdf with multiple pages. I am needing to define the file name differently. For instance my idw file name is 0.123.456.idw. For the pdf file, it needs to be 0123456_A_1-2_100715. Meaning A is the revision, 1-2 is the number of pages (1 page is just 1 and 3 pages is 1-3), and 100715 is the date format.

My other question is how can I have the user select the save location.

Maybe it would be easiest to have it set up to automatically secelt the multiple pages in pdf and have the user define the file name and location. If this is so, I don't know how to set it up to do that.

Any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi.

If you have heard of google or "Search" those are usually good places to start.

For the name, you will have to create a string using the various properties.

Ie;

oPDFName = oPath & oDoc.Name & "_" & oSheetRev" &  "_" & "1" & oSheets.Count & "_" & System.DateString.To("d") & ".pdf"

Of course that is just a sample and WILL NOT work but shows the general format of the pdf file name.

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report