Mentor
TONELLAL
Message 1 of 4 (433 Views)
Accepted Solution

iLogic - Update iproperties

433 Views, 3 Replies
11-08-2012 05:01 AM

Hello,

I have an iLogic form which define iproperties or parameters values.The form is ok, when I modify values in the form, the iproperties or parameters are modified in the part.

I need to use these values in another rule, to define the folder name where I want to save the part. So I have created a rule which display the form, then I use the properties or parameters defined in the form. The problem is the iproperties/parameters are updated only at the end of the rule, not when I close the form.

How can I use in the rule the values defined in the form ?

Hi Tonellal

There is a Snippet that allows you to Update the document Immediately at a given point in the code. 

Look through the Snippets in the left column when editing an iLogic rule (I believe its under documents) and run your mouse over to highlight what each one does.

I believe this should fix your issue

Regards

Mitch

Mentor
TONELLAL
Message 2 of 4 (408 Views)

Re: iLogic - Update iproperties

11-12-2012 02:44 AM in reply to: TONELLAL

Any idea ?

Mentor
mehatfie
Message 3 of 4 (398 Views)

Hi Tonellal   There is a Snippet that allows you to Updat...

11-12-2012 11:25 AM in reply to: TONELLAL

Hi Tonellal

There is a Snippet that allows you to Update the document Immediately at a given point in the code. 

Look through the Snippets in the left column when editing an iLogic rule (I believe its under documents) and run your mouse over to highlight what each one does.

I believe this should fix your issue

Regards

Mitch

Mentor
TONELLAL
Message 4 of 4 (373 Views)

Re: Hi Tonellal There is a Snippet that allows you to Updat...

11-14-2012 08:43 AM in reply to: mehatfie

OK, it seems to be solved by using iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")=Parameter("Length") instead of iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")=Length.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!