Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic: Update Form

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
falkmassmann
960 Views, 3 Replies

iLogic: Update Form

Hi all,

I´m having a bit of an issue with a form.

I have a global form which is exactly made for a specific assembly for configuration of this very assembly. To make things easier for the user I call another external rule which only opens exactly this assembly.

Now when the user opens the form the assembly is not open and obviously can´t reference the used parameters.

Even after loading the assembly the parameters are not available, which results in something like this:

Form_withoutParams.png

So this is a really simple question, is there a way to update a form so that it rereads the parameters from the assembly?

What I tried is using iLogicForm.CloseGlobal("Name of form") to no availability and then open it again with iLogicForm.ShowGlobal("Name of form").

But I couldn´t find any further info on the iLogicForm Commands.

Cheers Falk

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
falkmassmann
in reply to: falkmassmann

*bump*

Anyone???

Message 3 of 4
MegaJerk
in reply to: falkmassmann

I haven't done any coding of my own for this problem, but having done some recent work with forms and updating, the following may help you.

My suggestion is that if you are opening the Assembly from an external rule, and then the form, change it around so that the Assembly is opened by the external rule, and then a different rule is called that will open up the form. Because Inventor likes to wait until a rule is finished running before it updates the parameters for everything, accessing a different rule to open the form may be just the thing that is needed in order to expose the parameters that you'd like to access.

It may not work, but it's worth a shot.

I hope that this helps.

If my solution worked or helped you out, please don't forget to hit the kudos button 🙂
iLogicCode Injector: goo.gl/uTT1IB

GitHub
Message 4 of 4
falkmassmann
in reply to: MegaJerk

Hi there,

thanks for your response. I do understand what you´re suggesting but hoped I would be able to do an update so the form gets the actual parameters from the assembly.

I´m still not done with your example (had to work on something else), but will give feedback if it´s working.

Now to clear things up a bit my workflow goes like this.

User opens up an external form which is using an external rule that only loads the design template (assembly) which is triggered with a button on that form.

On the following tabs I have parameters which only exist in the design template assembly and since I´m opening the form before the assembly no parameter get´s loaded.

After I´ve loaded the assembly nothing get´s updated on the form since I believe it loads all parameters the first time it opens up.

I think your approach is probably the easiest way to solve my problem.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report