Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Triggers

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
b.mccarthy
555 Views, 3 Replies

iLogic Triggers

Hello,

I have created several rules for idw's and set them to fire using the "Before Save Document" event trigger. Basically, they updated the idw properties to match the ipt/iam, set the drawing scale and updated the date. These have been functioning perfectly for the past year, until yesterday, that is.

I have a large assy (1500+ parts and sub-assemblies) that I needed to copy. I used the "Ilogic Design Copy" tool for this, which functioned perfectly. However, after completing this, the aforementioned rules no longer fire for any idw, regardless of project. I have tried the following to get it to work:

• Manage > iLogic > Regenerate All Rules... Nothing
  • Removing the rules from the iLogic browser, and adding again... Nothing
  • Setting multiple triggers, such as "After Open Document" and "Close Document"... Nothing

I can get each individual rule to fire if I RMB on the rule, select "Edit Rule" and click OK (no edits are made to the rules). However the rules will still not fire using the triggers after I do this. I tested this by changing the part number of the part, and saving, closing and re-opening the file... Nothing.

I saw the the new service pack was available so I installed it in the hopes it might fix the issue... Nothing

Help, please...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: b.mccarthy

Hi,

I do not find a similar case. . The first I'd like to know if a simple assembly can reproduce the issue? If yes, could you share a copy?
Message 3 of 4
b.mccarthy
in reply to: xiaodong_liang

Hello,

The large assembly I used the tool for had 75+ sub-assemblies of @10 parts and drawings for each. Did your test used similar parameters?

The issue did not occur when I used the tool for smaller assemblies, although I only tested it on assemblies with less than 50 items, including all parts, subassemblies and drawings. It only occurred with the large assembly.

I was finally able to locate the issue, which I missed before the initial post...

For some reason, the tool un-checked the "Run these rules when events occur" checkbox in the Events Triggers dialog. Why this happened, I would like to know, as I now cannot totally rely on the rule trigger to maintain its setting, and must re-check it for every drawing, an in-efficient process at best.

Thank you for responding...

Message 4 of 4
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: b.mccarthy

I am glad to know it is addressed 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report