Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilogic to turn off visibility of lines in parts list

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Fleagle8t
646 Views, 1 Reply

ilogic to turn off visibility of lines in parts list

Hi guys,

Can you help??
At my company when producing drawings for manufacture we require a sheet for any steel profiles to be cut!..We do this by selecting the assembly from base view,hitting model view tab, selecting presentation and choosing the relevant profile from the drop down!
Once the profile is placed, we highlight the view and hit the parts list tab which obviously creates a parts list, but for the whole assembly, we then have to edit the parts list by turning off the visibility of the lines of all the parts which are not relevant!!...as you can imagine this is quite a laborious task if you have 50 different profiles.
The reason for this is to show the qty, steel grade and part number to the suppliers.
My question is, does anyone now of any code that will take the lines of the parts list that are not relevant to the selected view and turn the visibility of those lines off?
Any help would be GREAT!!.
Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I believe you have good chances to automate this work. 

Do you have any iProperty or model/user parameter that can be used to automatically filter all relevant profiles for drawing generation?

It would be great if you upload your sample assembly for test purposes.

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report