Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic Rules and iParts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rjay75
1118 Views, 2 Replies

iLogic Rules and iParts

Im using Inventor 2011 and working with iParts and iLogic.

While a part is a normal part rules can be created as needed. When a part is turned into an iPart Factory the rule creation is disabled. Is this by design? It appears existing rules can be edited and ran.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MjDeck
in reply to: rjay75

Yes, this is by design. Rules don't work the way you would expect in iParts: they don't run when you create a member from the factory. So we disabled the ability to create rules. You can run existing rules, but they only run in the factory. They won't run when you place a member instance in an assembly.

Mike Deck
Autodesk

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: MjDeck

Mike,

How can we evaluate conditions and assign the result to the a parameter of an iPart table without using VBA?

I've been told that VBA is not supported anymore; so I prefer to avoid it in the development of new projects. Also, I have had major issues with VBA programs running with Inventor 2010 64 Bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report