Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic rule from Part to change .idw TitleBlocks

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Garrett.SudickyADMIN
408 Views, 3 Replies

iLogic rule from Part to change .idw TitleBlocks

I'm trying to run a iLogic rule from an assembly to cycle through all the parts and SetTitleBlock based off of input boxes at the beginning of the rule.  We are doing this so we can standardize the output on TitleBlocks when releasing a file using old parts and new parts.  The problem is I have to use "ActiveSheet" when using this rule and I get an error saying that the assembly is not a drawing.  I am currently opening the drawing and running an external rule within that drawing but it still doesn't work no matter what I'm trying.  Does anyone know how to get around the "ActiveSheet" requirement in "SetTitleBlock" or how to get the rule to run from the Assembly?

Thanks for the help,

Mehran

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

It sounds you ran your iLogic code in an assembly, but you assumed the ThisDoc is a drawing? Could you copy some codes to let us know what you are doing?

Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the reply.  I resolved this problem by deleting the titleblock out of the .idw I am opening and then using "AddTitleBlock" instead of "SetTitleBlock." 

Message 4 of 4

ok. although I am still not quite clear what the problem exactly is, I am glad to know it is solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report