Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic: "Derive" iProperties from 'doc A' to 'doc B'

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alfaclaus
527 Views, 4 Replies

iLogic: "Derive" iProperties from 'doc A' to 'doc B'

Hi'

I am 'new' to this forum and hope some of you can help me out. I want to 'derive'/ export iproperties from a part or assy(Doc A) to a diffrent part or assy(Doc B). If it is possible?

Hope you can understand what I am looking for. I don't want to use VBA or 'design assistent'  if there is a iLogic solution for the problem?

Best,

Claus

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
alfaclaus
in reply to: alfaclaus

Anyone.., is it possible to export a ipropertie to another file with iLogic?

Message 3 of 5
pcrawley
in reply to: alfaclaus

It's not really clear what you are trying to acheive.  Can you offer some more detail?

DA does sound logical - or Vault - or iLogic... I think all would do roughly what you are asking, but without some more detail, it's hard t know which would be most useful.

Peter
Message 4 of 5
alfaclaus
in reply to: pcrawley

Okay, I will try to descripe it in a diffrent way 😉 I have a 'main assembly' with subpart 'A', subpart 'B' and subassy 'C'. I want some of the iproperties from file A, B and C imported into my 'main assy' or top assembly in this case.

Part 'A' (Subpart in 'Main assy'), have following info put into its iproperties:

Summary-Subject with following text: Vessel Custom property called, 'Test Name A' with following input: ABC123

Part 'B' (Subpart in 'Main assy'), have following info put into its iproperties:

Custom propertie called, 'Test Name B' with following input: DEF456

Assembly 'C' (Sub assy in 'Main assy'), have following info put into its iproperties: Custom property called, 'Test Name C' with following input: GHI789

I hope someone, if possible, can tell me a smart way using iLogic to transfer the listed iproperties from 'Part A', 'Part B' and 'Assy C' into my 'Main assembly'.  So the 'Main assembly' will have the choosen iproperties available from the subfiles and updated automaticly if the text is changes in one of the subparts

FYI: The files will all the time be placed into the 'Main assy'.

Message 5 of 5

The solution consists of several steps.

1.  How to read a specified property value from  the given component?

If  the component name is “CompName”,  then you can read custom iProperty "PropA" value:

Dim Prop_A as String = iProperties.Value("CompName", "Custom", "PropA") 

2.  How to save Prop_A value in the custom iProperty “AsmPropA” in the top assembly document?

Use the following code:

iProperties.Value(“Custom”, “AsmPropA”) = Prop_A 

3.  How can we update automatically custom iProperties in the top assembly document?

You could use “Before Save” event to initiate the rule in the top assemply before every save operation.

Events.png

Cheers,

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report