Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic OCR Add-In for Exporting PDF documents

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
gfunnybus
305 Views, 0 Replies

iLogic OCR Add-In for Exporting PDF documents

Hello,

So here is my problem. Our engineering team generates lots of PDF documents for the rest of our company to use. However, these PDFs are often pages long, including prints of many different part numbers. Or, they are table driven iAssemblies on sheets that also contain multiple part numbers. 

I am seeking a way to make these part numbers available for search by the rest of the company (only equiped with PDF readers), without naming the documents some goofy string of all the part numbers that are included in the PDF.

I have looked into a couple options. The first being populating some file metadata outside of iProps that any windows user could search. Another option being using an OCR program to extract text out of the PDFs, making them searchable. To expand on that I would hope I could find an OCR addin for inventor that I could include in my automated iLogic export rule. I haven't solved either method, and I am wondering if there is a simpler way before putting more into them.

The last constraint being that the powers above have said no to a vault server 😞

Any thoughts appreciated. I am sure I am not the only one who has run into this problem!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report