Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic - MultiValue Parameter - Get Named Range From Embedded Excel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
matt_jlt
799 Views, 2 Replies

iLogic - MultiValue Parameter - Get Named Range From Embedded Excel

Hi,

I have a MultiValue Parameter that I want to populate using a named range from an embedded excel spreadsheet. I would like an iLogic solution if possible because I need other people to be able to understand the code without too much difficulty.

One of the sample snippets given allows access but not if the excel file is embedded.

'GoExcel.NamedRangeValue("Part_Width")

The code below works but not when using a named range.

' Load bearing housing types
MultiValue.List("parameter1")  = GoExcel.CellValues("A1","A20")

Is there something I'm missing? I was hoping to use something like below

' Populate MultiValue Parameter from excel
MultiValue.List("parameter1") = GoExcel.CellValues("3rd Party:Embedding 4", "Sheet", "myNamedRange")

Thanks, Matt.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MegaJerk
in reply to: matt_jlt

I have an excel file that is embedded inside of a part and the code I use is as follows.

MultiValue.List("MULTIVALUE")=GoExcel.CellValues("3rd Party:ExcelFileName", "Workbook", "column", "")

If my solution worked or helped you out, please don't forget to hit the kudos button 🙂
iLogicCode Injector: goo.gl/uTT1IB

GitHub
Message 3 of 3
codyc-9096
in reply to: matt_jlt

Was there ever a solution to this? I am having the same problem. The last snippet you suggested is exactly what I thought would work, but it doesn't... 

Thank You,
- Cody C

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report