Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ilogic Issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AMN3161
320 Views, 1 Reply

Ilogic Issue

ok i have a published valve with different sizes, different materials, and each size has an open and closed configurations. Now in a bill of material we want a valve that is the same size and material but let’s say one is open and closed. Now we want that to show up as one item number. We tried putting the stock number exactly the same so it will be the same line in a bom and that worked, but its still assigning two different balloon numbers. I tried writing the code to say if the stock numbers are the same, but I don’t know how to say if they are the same in two different ipart configurations. I keep getting the error that "this expression is expected" which makes sense because of course the stock number value is going to be the same as its self within one configuration.

to sum it up I want the bom to clump all the same size and same material valves together regardless of the fact if they are open or closed. I’m new to ilogic, but its becoming necessary to make our published iparts work they way we need them to

thank you 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
swordmaster
in reply to: AMN3161

You can get the parts list on the drawing to group your valves together.

RMB on the parts list and edit the parts list

click on the group settings icon

select STOCK NUMBER in the first drop down box

click on ok

This groups all components with the same stock number to one line in the parts list and updates the quantity.

However it does NOT use one unique item number for the grouped components, which seems crazy to me!

so the problem of having different balloons and item numbers remain

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report