Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic in standard assembly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
NCostelloe
654 Views, 4 Replies

iLogic in standard assembly

Here's the gist of what I'm trying to do...

We have a standard conveyor belt that I want to be able to quickly change the length and breadth of. I'm using a skeleton in which all the contains all the dimensions needed to make the conveyor. The assembly and parts in the assembly are driven by the parameters in the skeleton

I'm a iLogic novice but have been able to figure out a lot of things by just playing with the commands. But now I've run into a major problem.

We use Vault Workgroup and have set it up so that it does not allow duplicate file names. I want open (or import) the standaard conveyor and with iLogic

1) rename and save the assembly and all the parts (except cc parts) including the skeleton

2) the parts then need to refer to the skeleton with the new name.

Is this possible in iLogic? Any comments / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Nathan Costelloe

Inventor Professional 2022
Windows 10
Intel Xeon W-2133 3.6 GHz
Nvidia Quadro P4000 16Gb
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
NCostelloe
in reply to: NCostelloe

Anyone?

Nathan Costelloe

Windows 10
Nvidia Quadro P4000 16Gb
Message 3 of 5
theo.bot

Use place ilogic component, you can find this command in your place pulldown menu in assembly file.

Ilogic automaticly creates copies of your file. If you use the filenumber scheme from workgroup, all the new filenames will be created as a unique filename. So you cann't get into trouble about filenaming.

I think i can say goodby in dutch ??

Succes

Groeten theo
Message 4 of 5
NCostelloe
in reply to: theo.bot

Theo! You nailed it, mate! Cheers!

Now to get it do want I want it to do... Smiley Wink

(and you're dutch isn't bad either)

Dankjewel en groetjes!

Nathan

Nathan Costelloe

Windows 10
Nvidia Quadro P4000 16Gb
Message 5 of 5
NCostelloe

An update... it works perfectly!  Inventor only copies the files in the folder in which the main assembly is. Leaves the CC parts alone. Sets parts to reference if they are suppressed in your new assembly so the quantites are all good. Works a treat!

Thanks again Theo for your help.

Nathan Costelloe

Windows 10
Nvidia Quadro P4000 16Gb

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report