Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ilogic frame generator part change

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
yannicknielsen
869 Views, 5 Replies

Ilogic frame generator part change

Hey there. I'm slowly getting there with iLogic, so I'm really just looking for the function / call to change one part from Frame Generator, to another part from Frame Generator.

Hope we have a wizard here who knows!

Best regards

Yannick Nielsen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Frame Generator doesn’t expose any API so there are no FG specific iLogic functions.  😞

Nevertheless you have access from iLogic rules to model parameters and iProperties.

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your answer. I also realised that when you change a part using the frame generator, it creates a new part instead of just replacing.

Eventually you'll have a disk filled with tons of files because of that code!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 4 of 6
Shickusa
in reply to: Vladimir.Ananyev

Has this changed since 2013? and you not control frame generator with ilogic?
Message 5 of 6
adam.nagy
in reply to: Shickusa

Hi,

This functionality is still not exposed.

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 6 of 6
danien86
in reply to: adam.nagy

Hi!

Any good news? 

For a project I'm currently working on, I need to replace some frame generator parts with other standard frame components and it would be great replacing them with some iLogic rules! Is there any workaround?

Thank you!

Francesca

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report