Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ilogic form

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
linuskotte
1217 Views, 14 Replies

Ilogic form

Hi to all,

Here I have some doubts on ilogic form.

sCapture.JPG

Here my doubt is I entered If i entered COLUMN values like If i entered COLUMN 1  to 3  If i entered COLUMN:1 then i want to disable 2nd column and 3rd column values  automatically, If If i entered COLUMN:2 third one is automatically hide or disable.

Is it possible in ilogic form?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

LINUS KOTTE

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

That's just an idea.  You may split your complicated form into 3 simpler forms.  Then you may open the Form2 or Form3 depending on the COLUMN value in the Form1. This coud be done from iLogic rule.

Vladimir Ananyev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 15
danvang
in reply to: linuskotte

If I understand correctly, the answer is yes. You will need to create two boolean (True/False) parameters that is defined by your column parameter. Then use the two paramaters to control the "Enabling Parameter Name" property for the second and third column data. See my attached example. Hope that helps.

Dan

** If my reply resolves this issue, please choose "Accept as Solution" **
Dan Vang
Message 4 of 15
danvang
in reply to: danvang

BTW, this only works if the form's Predefined Buttons is set to Done or None. With Done and None, ilogic rules will run automatically when a values is changed while Ok Cancel and Ok Canel Apply do not until Ok or Apply is pressed.
Dan Vang
Message 5 of 15
linuskotte

Thankyou danvang for your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

LINUS KOTTE

Message 6 of 15
linuskotte

Hi,

Here i have some problem giving condition in ilogic is when iam selected COLUMN:1 then 2nd column value is 0 and same way in COLUMN:2 2nd column value is user choice it's 1 or 2.

how to give condition for this?

iam try to giving this condition like this but it's not working.

If COLUMNS = 1 Then
Vertical_com2 = 0
Vertical_com3 = 0
End If
If COLUMNS = 2 Then
Vertical_com2 = 1 Or 2
Vertical_com3 = 0
End If

here result is in 2nd column is 3

thanks & regards,

LINUS KOTTE

please solve my problem

Message 7 of 15
danvang

Are the Vertical_com2 and Vertical_com3 parameters True/False parameters or are they numeric parameters?

Dan Vang
Message 8 of 15
linuskotte

It's a nimeric parameter 1,2
Message 9 of 15
danvang

The parameter that controls the settings in the form must be a True/False parameter. See the example that I attached before. That should help explain a few things.

Dan

Dan Vang
Message 10 of 15
linuskotte

Hi danvang thanks for responding my query.

Here i will explain clearly in your attachment is useful for when parameter false condition box in read only it's in true condition box in editable .

But here ur solution is true but here scenario is different when iam using false conditon 2nd box box in read only and in true condition value depends on user choice  it's 1 or 2, but iam trying using if condition it's not working.

If COLUMNS = 1 Then
Vertical_com2 = 0
Vertical_com3 = 0
End If
If COLUMNS = 2 Then
Vertical_com2 = 1 Or 2
Vertical_com3 = 0
End If

Here problem is not read only and editable problem is when iam selecting column:1 then 2nd column should be 0 and Column :2 then second column value is user choice it should be 1 or 2.

I think ur understood now if any mistakes in my english sorry please understand my problem

Thanks & regards,

LINUS KOTTE

Message 11 of 15
danvang

Ok I think I understand now. You want to set values to 0 when they are not enable or in use? You are very close. You have the local already. You will just have to add those parameter values in the same rule that controls the true/false parameters. I've attached my sample with the adjustments. Is this what you are looking for?

The only thing is when Column is 2, you need to decide if the default value for Vertical_Com2 will be 1 or 2.

Dan

Dan Vang
Message 12 of 15
linuskotte

HI danvang your solution is ok but i want different solution like in my user interface like this .

query.JPG

in my UI 2nd column box is drop down box when iam select COLUMN: 2  then 2nd COLUMN value should be user choice only 1 or 2. If iam selecting COLUMN 1 then 2ND COLUMN should be only 0 , Thats why iam keeping in 2nd column combo box only 1 and 2 values and iam writing condition like this then when COLUMN 1, 2ND column automatically in 0, that's why in above UI showing 0 values but when iam clicking 2ND COLUMN combo box only 1 and 2 are activated.

If COLUMNS = 1 Then
Vertical_com2 = 0
Vertical_com3 = 0
End If
If COLUMNS = 2 Then
Vertical_com2 = 1 Or 2
Vertical_com3 = 0
End If

Thanks & Regards,

LINUS KOTTE

Message 13 of 15
danvang

Alright. One more crack at this. Smiley Happy See the attached file. you will need to use the MaultValue.Setlist code snippet.

Dan Vang
Message 14 of 15
linuskotte

Thankyou very much danvang this is what iam asking.

thanks & Regards,

LINUS KOTTE

Message 15 of 15

Hello,

This is in regards with query of Ilogic functionality of Inventor I have an assembly file say “xyz.iam” and corresponding drawing file by name “xyz.dwg” Now I am going make dimension changes in assembly file “xyz.iam”, as we know that these changes will propagate to “xyz.dwg” as well.

My query is, whenever I make dimensional changes in “xyz.iam”, illogic have to ask me to rename or change the name of drawing sheet.

I am aware of itrigger option.

Please let me know the sample illogic code to perform the above mentioned operation

Thanking you in anticipation.

Mahesh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report