Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic form

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jschaap
2131 Views, 7 Replies

iLogic form

I am working on a simplified form for filling in our iproperties for both the parts and for drawings. Now here is what i come up with, but still have the following issue.

1. I would like to have a pull-down menu, same as inventor's ipropertie dialog, for the material(s)
  2. I would like to have a pull-down menu for the "Design State" in the form, also just like inventor's ipropertie tab

Then one last question. When I have this, how to I get this form in a way that my other collegues can use them. And is there a way to have my collegue run this from a nice button/macro instead of trigger it from within the ilogic tab (as shown on the left of the attached picture)

thanks,

John

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
riff62
in reply to: jschaap

John,

for the material I property you can use the following which works for me..

iLogicForm.Show("Form Name")
MultiValue.List("Material") = iProperties.Materials
iProperties.Material=Material

Will have to look at Design State later..

Assuming you want this available in all drawings, you would probably have to have a global rule tied to your template, but someone please correct me if I am wrong..not an I logic expert, but stumbling my way through..

Message 3 of 8
jschaap
in reply to: riff62

Thanks for your feedback. I have a global form and that seem to work.

Now I am in that "edit" form part. But how to I get that Material "box" in it and where to I put that code you sent me.. see attachment

iLogicForm.Show("Form Name")
MultiValue.List("Material") = iProperties.Materials
iProperties.Material=Material

Message 4 of 8
riff62

It looks like you have to create a rule..I have one called Materials.

With your form open, click Add Rule, Choose a name for your rule, and enter the code there..In the first line of the code enter the name of your form inside the parentheses.

I havent had time to look at the Design state you are looking for yet..

Message 5 of 8
jschaap

am sorry, but i have to say it does not work at all. I have a global form and i want a global rule, all so that collegue can use it. I attached my form. But when I make a rule as you ,mentioned I only get errors 

Yesterday I created with your code a GLobal Rule and after changing the code to open up the Global Form I have what I wanted. But I needed to make a FX Parameter and a Custom iProperty. But as soon you need to do this it can only be done in for new parts or i everytime need to get this FX and custom property setup.... a drag!

Also when I had it it showing up a pull down list of the materials,  the "funny" thing is that it does not match the material property in inventor's. The list is the same, but whatever I choose from the form or choose from within inventor, they do no match. Pitty realy, since my enthousiasme dropped!

Message 6 of 8
jschaap
in reply to: riff62

Here are some screenshot of what I was telling about...

Message 7 of 8
david_reaume

Drop me an email (david.reaume@autodesk.com)  We can connect and I'll help you out.  I am confident we can do whatever you need.

DaVeR
Message 8 of 8
xiaodong_liang

Hi buurjongenshon,

I am not sure if reaumed has helped you out the requirements. I'd just recommend the other thread in which one peer shared a good sample on how to list materials (in the attachment of message 4).

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Customization/iLogic-Multi-Value-list-from-Materials...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report